- Boil the peas in 2 cups of water until it comes to the boil.
- Add turmeric, 1 clove of garlic and onion: cover, lower heat and cook until peas are tender , add more water if necessary.
- Add salt to taste and beat until mixture become thick and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in small pot; add cumin and remaining garlic and fry until brown.
- Pour in Dhall mixture and stir well.
Serve Dhall with rice. You can add a hot pepper to the Dhall during cooking. Remove it before serving.
See you in our new post.